The Hands that Move the World
Rainbow Scarf of the Traveler
Wondrous item, artifact (requires attunement)
The DC for all powers, where relevant, is 15.
- Intelligence +2 up to a maximum of 24
- While attuned, can use action to cast fear, then roll d6, on 1-5 can’t use again until next dawn
- While attuned, can use action to cast bless (self only), then roll d6, on 1-5 can’t use again until next dawn
- While attuned, can use action to cast knock, then roll d6, on 1-5 can’t use again until next dawn
- Can be used to form a bag, acting as a container holding up to 1,000 pounds
- The character suffers from recklessness of a sort, gaining disadvantage on Wisdom checks for the duration of the attunement.
- Every time the scarf is used, there is a chance a monster will be pulled to the user’s location from another plane.
This item appears as a relatively simple scarf, 2 feet square, decorated in a swirl of rainbow colours. It is a highly sought-after item by adventurers for its numerous beneficial properties. Some legends about it hold that it was created by the Traveler; others assert that it was woven with power from the Chains of Balance, though this may just be an association with the colours of the two artifacts.
It has been lost for years, contained in Tamztur’s “Mystery Box” which he acquired from another merchant in Union, the Drifting City. Iadoes acquired it on Vult from the merchant as part of a trade, but following his death (and petrification of the scarf), Rilic obtained it and had Yagmur Reis restore it to normal.
It was used extensively in Rilic’s Trial of the Archmage, particularly to transport the disguised party members into the arena. Kaleth somehow got a hold of it in the wake of this, and held onto it until he sold it to Daroon for information about coming threats to the world and to the Collective.